Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week 1

"September 19, 2013

Hello Everyone!!

The MTC how do I put this... It's extremely hard and frustrating at times. But like all the other missionaries here say, make it to Sunday and you can do anything. I think they told us that because the first few days you are running around trying to figure out how to do things. Let me start at the beginning for you:)

The first day of the MTC I was told I was going to West Campus. I was very excited that somehow I was able to be in the new of the MTC!!As I arrived on the bus, I looked out the window and what did I see!?! Elder Nathan Ericcson from Riverton, one of my good friends!! (He just left this week to Russia) He showed me around and told me I had two companions. He then told me where class was. Class is across the street every morning. The classroom is an apartment with a bunch of desks in it, a whiteboard, a kitchen, two bathrooms, a computer for the teachers and a tv. When I walked in I was expecting to see all the Hungarian missionaries! And there was one. He happens to be one of my companions.  Cathcart Elder (last name first in Hungarian) and he is so much fun! He is from Ireland  and speaks with a hard accent! I have 3 teachers, Runnels testver, Grossen testver, and Moody nover. (testver is brother and nover is sister) They started speaking Hungarian as soon as we walked in the door. The day went by and then I was able to meet the other members in our district! (basically districts are elders in your rooms up to six) Well we only had one other member. His name is Vanem (elder) Sorensen. Vanem Sorensen is from Lehi and has graduated UVU with a bachelors in digital media. He is only 19. So we have three in our apartment and it is really nice. I have my own room and closet and my own desk!!! basically I'm just loving life. As the days have progressed we have had opportunities to go to devotionals on Sundays and Tuesdays. Tuesday I was able to sing in the choir at the Marriott Center!!! So beautiful. One thing that I have noticed about the MTC is that I end up feeling the spirit everyday, more than ONCE!!!! It is such a blessing to be here and draw myself closer to God.

Cathcart Elder and I have been teaching an investigator by the name of Ricsi (Ree Chee) since the Friday we arrived. Fortunately, for us our teachers want us to understand how to teach in English first, then this Saturday, the 21 of September, we teach our teachers in Hungarian. Wahoo...The good news is Cathcart Elder and I really do well together. We are getting better at teaching since we started. Personal study is really nice. I have found a whole new look on how to read the scriptures so I started over:)

Gym is so much fun!!! The other elders in our zone (the finland elders and sisters) invite me to play basketball with them which I have found to be a good workout  and fun. I try to workout at least 3 times a day and just maintain somewhat healthy. The food at West Campus...is...worse than Riverton High. Yes...I am saying that is 100% the truth. But they basically offer a donut every meal and always have soda!!! That's nice:) I like Sprite..:) I have actually lost a belt loop of weight, so I am excited!!! I kinda forgot my becase I was so excited to email.. so I haven't tried to get pictures in an email...I will for sure try to remember next! And I have been taking a lot of pictures. The language is coming. I probably know 200 words and the alphabet. It's hard in Hungarian because of all the cases. The endings that we put at the end of the word. For example, megyunk, is we go, or megyok is I go. AND  I AM PRETTY SURE YODA OFF STAR WARS IS BASED ON HUNGARIAN!!!!   You don't say I will try, you say, TRY, I WILL:):)
That is for the most part everything that has happened this week. P-day is on Thursday and I would really appreciate mail or packages!!! It does seem to make our days a lot better! Dear Elder is a good way to communicate with me here. I have been receiving letters from my family and it seems to really work well!!! Minus the fact that apparently it takes 6 days for my letter to get home...So do what you please. I will bless my testimony and then let you all have a nice week and enjoy the various activities you may be doing.

Tudom hogy, az evangelium az igaz. Hogy Jezus Krisztus es Isten szeret minket. Az evangelium megaldnak csaladak. Menneyl Atyank szeret minket es szeretunk Istent, Jezus Kristztus neveben, Amen.

I know that you don't understand that, and it is brief and probably mostly wrong. But it will get better!!! Oh and read the Book of Mormon today if you haven't this week. The words are meant for each of us personally, and I bear testimony of that.

Szerette (love to you all)
Nichols Elder"

No comments:

Post a Comment