Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week 13


Wow!!!
     Life is pretty great here in Hungary right now! I have also discovered
where the English keyboard button is at on this keyboard so now I can
hopefully type a little faster! I just got done doing "Greeny training" at
the mission home with the APs and the mission president and his wife with
Cathcart Elder. It was good to see him after a few weeks! I was really
happy to be able to talk to him and see how things have gone! We went and
got our residency cards then went to Subway with the mission secretary
missionaries for lunch, it was so DANG good! I had some American food!
(also, sorry if my spelling is bad, spell check is only in Hungarian here
and I am only capable at spelling now for the most part in Hungarian...
hahahahaha)
     Now, let's talk about some of the most amazing experiences this week
in Hungary. There is always a ton, and I honestly never know where to start
and to begin to tell you all. But I am thinking I will just start. So we
ran into this old dude who let us in and started talking about how much he
loves Jesus. Which was good I guess, we thought we could work with that!
But then he complimented me on my Hungarian and told me I could learn
faster. I naturally asked how. hahaha, then he said you basically get a
Hungarian girlfriend. Me not knowing that much, I said “igen”, which means yes!
But my comp started laughing and I asked him to repeat it then I heard what
he said and quickly fixed it! Woo, hahah. So along with some crazy experiences, we
run into a lot of interesting people. It’s not always too bad but sometimes we decided to ask people about the gospel another time:) hahahaha.
     Now this week we have one baptism which my comp will be doing with one
of our investigators! I cannot wait, he is such a great guy and has
improved so much! After the baptism he invited us to his house with some of
the other elders for a quick lunch and to learn to cook Hungarian! So
SWEET!! The next Saturday we have another baptism which I am currently
unsure who will do what, but I cannot wait to see what will happen! He also
is improving.
     Yesterday we visited this family who is so incredible! They are so
nice and loving, and they gave us 4 palacsintas each(4 Hungarian pancakes)
and they were so good! Then the people here really like caffeine, so we had
coke to go with it. They are super loving, and super kind. I hope that they
continue to improve in the gospel. I think they will.
     We also met a man who was baptized 12 years ago and went inactive 10
years ago. We ran into him when we were tracting. It was good, because he
invited us in and spoke only English being from America. It was
interesting, he is a psychologist guy and also likes the Buddhist religion. He
met Mike Tyson and was a boxing judge and coach. And also, this guy is
incredible, he said he would look up health related programs for us to use
on our mission. I cannot wait! Oh, and he said we would make Peanut
Butter!! There is no peanut butter in Hungary, people! That is like the
worst thing, no P.B. and J. Just honey that we found in the apartment. That
is all. Hahahaha.
     So the guy on the other side of my cubicle is laughing and saying
"seriously" all the time in Hungarian.. Just funny!!! Hahahaha
      Oh, and people here find it hard we don't, won't, never have or will
drink coffee, smoke, or break the law of chastity. It is like, come on
people!!!! Our message can help! And it is, helping so many people. Last
year I guess the baptisms for the year was 100. Not bad right, I mean it is
Europe. Well, this year we are at 172 ish. Ya, we can hit 200!! I hope, it
will be close. All well. Well I love you all! Have a great week! READ the
BOM!!! It is so good!

Szia
Nikolsz Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment