Saturday, October 5, 2013

Week 4

Why Hello Hello!!!
     The MTC recently has been really good. This last week was one of the most, no, probably the most spiritual experiences I have ever had in my life. But I'm going to go day by day to describe my experience. So first thing first!!! Last Thursday me and Cathcart Elder got to teach TRC (training resource center). So what happens is a member, usually returned missionaries come and speak all Hungarian to us and no English. It is really neat experience because they never really slow down. It is also really frustrating because you really have no clue what they're saying and then they start laughing or something... ya... But it is good. And we flowed pretty well with our teaching that night. Friday came and went. Nothing really happened that was too crazy. I specifically remember Friday was the hardest day of the week. Mainly because I started to get sick. I got the sniffles and a sore throat. It was rough the last week trying to get over this. But today I think it is mostly gone. I'm still a little stuffy but for the most part I feel extremely good!!! On last Saturday we didn't really do anything too exciting. Sunday though!!! Sunday was amazing!! First it was our first fast Sunday since we have been here. It was neat because we started the day with a Mission Conference. Mission Conference is basically like MTC Conference. We all meet in the Chapel, cafeteria, and main campus to hear from a member of the seventy and from our MTC presidency. It is really neat. And 2 whole hours. So most of the missionaries dozed off, I am happy to say. I was only out like 2 or 3 minutes :) That night, we had our usual Sunday devotional. This time we had the Provo Temple President come and talk to us. He really based most of his talk on the women of this church. And the importance of respecting a woman. And how God, wants us to respect women as much as possible. I know that the importance of women is indescribable. And after he went on about women, he then got into our quiet time. Quiet time is time to ponder on what has happened that day. And I really have started doing this with more purpose and more meaning. And it makes all the difference in the world to get down on your knees and thank God for all that has happened in your day and much much more.
     Monday rolls around!!! The days are still going good. But on Monday morning, I woke up with a lovely still growth like thing under my left eye. It kinda bugged me. But I put it off and said oh whatever, it's not going to get in the way of my teaching and learning here at the MTC. I got letters. On Monday, we do not have a family night or anything like it. It's just another night to plan and get ready for the next day. Tuesday was really good as well!!! Tuesday we were able to teach in Hungarian again (well everyday we teach in Hungarian), but Cathcart Elder and I have been a lot more unified and Tuesday's lesson was an example of that.I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve with him and cannot wait for the 5 weeks to come here at the MTC. The Tuesday night devotional we were invited to attend at the main campus. So we all walked up the main campus. It was funny though because the bus asked if we wanted a ride, and we said we wanted to walk. Then one of the sister missionaries in our zone got on the bus and it drove away. So basically we lost one of the missionaries in our zone. I thought it was funny and just a learning experience. That IS why we are at the MTC, to learn to not make those mistakes in the field. The devotional last night was really good as well. It was given by David S. Baxter of the seventy. He focused on how "Christian" we really are. And all the things that we do, and how we don't have faith on a cross, but on our people. I really liked that. Later that night we met with President Anderson (our branch president) and we had a devotional review. Everyone in our zone shared their thoughts and bore testimony of what had been said. But then, Pres. Anderson got up and gave his remarks (for those of you who do not know him, aka... all of YOU!!! He is a man of God). He started off by saying, "the only thing empty in our religion, is the tomb." Wow... Then he went on and bore strong testimony of the things which had been shared. I love that man, and he loves us. I know that.
   Wednesday was crazy. One, while me and Cathcart Elder taught our lesson in Hungarian, the words just seemed to come out of my mouth!!! I struggled early on in the lesson. But by the end! You could definitely feel the spirit in there, and Cathcart Elder and I just flowed and filled in the gaps for each other. If I didn't have a word to say, he would say something. And it worked the other way around as well. I felt the spirit so strong in those lessons. I love being able to feel the spirit as much as I am while I am here at the MTC. I am grateful for my teachers, zone, and comps. You can really tell that all of us have strong leadership qualities and there are reasons we are all going to Finland, Estonia, and my country of Hungary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wednesday night is also clean up night. Our inspectors (MTC workers) come and inspect the cleanness of our apartment. I hate these nights, but it was good and I think we will pass this time!! (We didn't pass last week.....) But yeah :):)
Oh today. Well today we went to the temple, and guess what!!! WE DID MORE INITIATORIES!!! That really seems to be all we do on a P day. But it's good because then we went to main campus to have my eye checked. It's nothing bad but a small growth on the bottom of my eyelid. They said to take Cephalexin to reduce the growth and then apply heat to my eye about 5 minutes a day through a wet wash rag. Easy enough right? ;)  We also did service today and we made a ton of beds in a new apartment. It was fun and we are all... well.... we talked more than we worked. But it's fun and we still did a lot!!! We sing all the time too!!! Basically, I love the youth music on lds.org :)
   We are not going anywhere for conference, just walking up to main campus all day both days to watch. No one is singing in conference either... bummer. The language is really coming. I am more and more satisfied almost everyday.!!! How is the blog going Madre?!?! I hear you are trying to figure out how to use it.. Well... Amanda can help you with that :) Mark... oh my dear Mark. I hope you get well soon dude!! Get your butt in the mission field, it is so worth it. My testimony, my learning, my skills, All of this has increased drastically!!! We also heard recently that my comps and I may be moved to main campus in November. That is not good!!!!!!!! I love it here, and I would rather not group shower..... :) Some of the things we work on as a companionship is memorizing scriptures almost every week and reciting them. Then setting new and improved goals. It is going really well with that!!! Well, I have a haircut to get to. My hair is getting a little long. And it's free here, so I might as well take advantage of that!!! Don't worry Mom, it won't be cut TOO short ;)
   I love you all, and miss each one of you
Szeretem Neketek (I love you all)
Nichols Elder

 The last night at the Marriott Center, it was a blast :)
 The sunrise from our apartment
 Look who came to the MTC, he still has his dork dot! haha
 Teaching Cathcart Elder (aka Novak Djokovic) to shave ;) he looks just like him!
 Rehearsing a new piece for sacrament in a couple weeks!! :)
Got to see Elder Ericcson the moment before he left for Russia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment