Saturday, April 5, 2014

Week 20


Hey all who is reading this right now!!!
      I believe that I am now starting week 20 in the mission! I am almost a fifth of the way done already! Can you believe it? I am emailing quite early today too... It is only 10:00 in the morning here... So it is only like 2 in the morning there. Hahaha, but I guess in every city people email at different times. So that brings me to the point of this email. I am now serving in Pécs. It is one of the most beautiful cities in Hungary. According to me and like every other person, it IS the most beautiful city in Hungary. I love it here! I thought that I was way lucky to start in Pest (which I was) but this is like the college town and half the people speak English, Hungarian, or a whole different language! The city itself if very old. Like one of the buildings we live next to was built in the early 1400's. Kinda cool right? I have a picture of it do not worry. I will send them as soon as I can:)
     Now, besides leaving Pest and coming to Pécs, I also left Elder Christensen. He was a great trainer and Missionary Father. I am going to miss the crap out of him and we have already called each other once to see how it is going with the new comps and cities. Hahaha, so let me tell you a little about my new city, companion, and district. So I am currently serving with Thomas Elder. He is super cool. He goes home in November and he is from Holladay, UT (if I spelled that right) hahahaha. But he went to Olympus High and he is 20 years old. He is super good at the language. Like wow. I am so grateful for him and his willingness to teach me this nightmare of a language. haha. We live in the crappiest apartment here in Pécs. Which is not too bad. We have a tiny shower hooked up to the sink. A tiny toilet room, and a kitchen big enough to fit one person in it. So... It is fun. And we have propane heaters that take forever to light! Hahahaha, but I am loving it, and we are figuring things out. We are moving around the furniture and the beds and table and just trying to make it more organized and more clean. The only bad part about our apartment is that it is super wet like all the time. So the moisture will be a problem in the future.

     The train ride here to Pécs was 3 and a half hours long on Wednesday. The whole time we stayed awake and talked to our whole district! They are so much fun, and man... We are such a crazy weird group! So let me tell you about the other members in our totally awesome district! Wahoo!!!!! We have, As the district Lord(district leader) Elder McCurdy. He goes home in October and is super cool. He is very relaxed. He is actually training a new missionary! His comp's name is Elder Loveland. He is straight out of Virginia! Ha, he is totally sweet too. Then we have the sisters. Sister Clawson who goes home rather quick... And she is training a Hungarian missionary! Her name is Sister Geröly. She is super nice and speaks a little English. But you can tell she wants to get way good at the English language because she already speaks like perfect Hungarian... So... hahaha.
     Our first day in the city was rough. Wednesday night we had the longest walk uphill with our suitcases and luggage. Then we shopped and then we crashed. Now here is the weird part. You remember how last week I said that me and Elder Christensen were getting "white washed"(cleared out) of Pest? Well it turns out that Christensen opened a companionship up with absolutely ZERO work in Szombathely. And I do not know about you, but that sounds like it would be super hard. And guess what!? I am opening a companionship too here in Pécs. Zero investigators, zero lessons. Just a lot of finding to do. So that is what we have been doing. Tracting and streeting and tabling. We try our hardest and the work will just come. I know it will and we just need to put our trust in the Lord and he will do the rest.
       This week for cooking, I am going to make two Hungarian dishes, which will be super good and should last me over a week! So that will be nice. Also right now, I am emailing in a library. This place is so dang nice! I love it! The only problem is there is no time limit for how long we can stay. So I do not know how long my comp will want to stay hahaha. But all well! Well I hope to have some more stories for you later! Oh wait, so we run every morning(except Sundays) here with the sisters. It is a super good workout especially since I do not like to run and I should. And today we went up into the hills of Pécs and found a super cool castle we climbed. Too bad I did not have my camera. All well. Miss you all! I hope that everything is going good at home, and I hope that you are all reading in the Book of Mormon! It is so incredible! Especially when you imagine yourself in the book as the characters! I love being ripped like Nephi personally!! So! Peace out!
Szia,

Nichols Elder
The stake center in Pest on the last day we were both in Pest. This is the only stake center in the whole country! I will miss it :) 
Me saying goodbye to only the coolest, solid, and most spiritual missionary I know. We bought matching ties and we wen out separate ways. I  miss him already. PS this train station is the one in mission impossible 4 ... I have heard. Hahaha, but ya. I miss him and hope to be a good missionary like him one day. 
So here is the square that is right next to our home. Its about a street away. We walk past this like everyday. I love this place! It was built in the year 1400.... ya.... hahahaha 
Here is my bed 
This is our dining room. The door on the left is to our shower and the far door is to the kitchen. 
Here is our tiny shower. Its hooked to the sink. 
And our kitchen. Wahoo!! 
Look at how much fuzz I get off my socks every morning I wear them... This is a joke! hahaha 
Yesterday we went to Komlo, where our Branch President lives. He was sick and asked if we could give him a blessing. So here is the sketchy city which used to have missionaries, but they got taken out. Its super scary hahaha
This is the street we live on. Our apartment is on the right and back about 20 feet. 
This is the walking street here in Pecks. We table right by the green building corner. And we street this place a lot. 
And this is the library where we email
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment