Saturday, April 5, 2014

Week 21


Hey everyone!!!
     This is one of the longest, most weird, crazy, freezing cold! And just flat out insane weeks of my mission. So... Now that I should have everyone's attention, let me start talking about it:)
So apparently, every week here in Pécs, we as a district go out to eat 2 times together. Once on every pday, we go to eat somewhere. And then after district meeting on Fridays we go out to lunch together. But let me say this about that. It is not just a fast food kind of meal. No, when we go out, we go out! Like fancy restaurant, like spend easily over 10 dollars and more likely about 20... I am not the biggest fan of this kind of spending, but I usually try to keep it as cheap as possible while still eating:) What else happened this week. Oh, so this week, we tracted a ton! Me and Thomas tracted like crazy! We went door to door, apartment to apartment for hours and hours looking and trying to find new investigators we could teach. Well we got a few good ones and hopefully we will be meeting with them in this week. But here comes the dumb news...

      So Friday, what a wonderful day. As usual we got up to go running with the sisters and it was lightly snowing. So we were like oh whatever, it will go away soon. Uh... no... We went to district meeting, and then we went out to eat after that. And as we were sitting in this super nice restaurant, it just started to come down! And it came down all day, and into the night! It just never stopped! We got a ton of snow, and it was wet stuff too! And.... to make things even more fun, we went tracting in it:) Ya, that was super hard to see, and super super cold! Hahahaha, but it was an experience I will never forget. Oh, and I thought people would have been nicer with all the cold, and been like ya come inside and warm up! But no, they were a little madder it seemed... Hahaha, but it was super fun never the less.
And ever since that storm, we have still ran everyday minus Sunday. And it is so cold! Like you walk outside and it is just bitter! Flat out cold, the sun is shining, but it is so cold! Last week I was wearing my short sleeve shirt and now it is way cold! Hahahaha.

      Let me give a shout out to Nate, my little brother. Happy Birthday, last week as soon as I left the email place I realized I did not wish you a Happy Birthday! I am so sorry, but tell me about how it is being 16, you are moving up in the world;) And Mark, today is your birthday! So, you are now 19, cool. Now get out here in the mission field, it is so much fun!

     Now, for the spiritual moment of the week. Well, let me be honest. We are not teaching a lot right now because we are still trying to find people to teach! So, about all of this will be from the Book of Mormon, from Personal Study in the mornings. I am thoroughly loving reading the Book of Mormon! I am having only one problem with it though, and that is when I have to stop! I am in Alma 9 today, and I just love Alma and the sons of Mosiah. They are such great examples of how missionaries should act and be like. I hope one day, I will be able to be that good of an example like he is to his followers and to the church. I am trying to be more Christ like, because He truly is the best example in our lives. He was the best teacher, He was the best person, and, He still is. He lives. Oh how He lives. Let the world know that our testimony of this is true. And that we love Him, we follow Him, and we want to return to live with Him and the Father. It is hard for me to think about my life before the mission. Some of the things I did, some of the things I said. But now, being here, by far the closest to Christ I have ever been. I love it, I feel happier, I feel warmth and love. I know, that without a doubt. This gospel is true.
     I love you all, I hope you know that! I miss you, but the people here need the missionaries, and that is why I am here. I would not give up this opportunity for anything.

Szeretlek,

Nichols Elder
Super pretty church here in Pecks. I love this picture and the park in front of it. The church was built in the 1600s and refurnished in the 1800s. 
The elevators here are super small. This one was nicest one we've been in so I took a picture. 
Can you say dinner?! Ya, we made this ourselves Rakott Krumpli. Super super good!!! 
Here it is Friday, when the snow just started to come down. 
Here is that pretty church again... but the next day!!! 
For sports night, we had a snowball fight. And we had it here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment